We now know that there is a complex inter-relationship between central obesity (adiposity), hyperglycemia (fasting sugar), dyslipidemia (cholesterol et al), and hypertension. Mechanisms
By better understanding the relationships driving cardiometabolic disease, we become better equipped to identify the root causes, triggers, and mediators in any individual patient.
- Insulin resistance
- Inflammatory pathways
- Adipokine signaling (fat cells)
- Endothelial dysfunction (blood vessel lining)
- Advanced glycation end products (AGE - essentially internal caramelization of your proteins and lipids) from glucose spikes in your blood
- Beta cell function (pancreas insulin synthesizing cells) and
- HPA axis function (hypothalamus/pituitary/adrenal).
Using advanced testing for emerging markers
within the matrix of cardiometabolic pathophysiology, we can find and positively respond to pre-disease states
that are known to be harbingers of trouble yet to come.In short, we can identify the degree to which you are already heading towards cardiometabolic disease, and we can work to reverse it and enhance your basic health.
By careful selection of therapies that target the disease process
(and not just targeting the biomarkers - i.e. Functional Medicine principles), we can provide a greater risk reduction for our patients. It is by working with our patients in a partnership that will best lead to enhanced foundational wellness.