FoundationMED is accepting patients
for the Bredesen Protocol, and will be seen by Dr. Sachar - fully trained and certified in the Bredesen Protocol.
The Bredesen Protocol was developed by Dr. Dale Bredesen to address Cognitive Decline and Alzheimers using the intense application of Functional Medicine principles with a research-driven focus on key markers and processes such as methylation, micronutrient balance, mycotoxins, cell danger response and others (all of which in the aggregate constitute "The Bredesen Protocol").
As FoundationMED already is a Medical Practice based on the intense application of Functional Medicine principles, properly implementing the Bredesen Protocol is a natural fit. Implementing the Bredesen Protocol has required us to develop a program that addresses all of its requirements and nuances. Listed below is an outline of the FoundationMED Bredesen Program.
Dr. Bredesen requires all of the patients in his Bredesen Protocol to sign up for the ReCode software system. Please note that the ReCode program and costs are completely independent of FoundationMED. In addition, the practicing physician is required to interact with the ReCode software in specific ways to provide information as required by Dr. Bredesen. The monthly cost of the ReCode software system is determined solely by Dr. BredesenFor ALL visits, it is highly recommended that patients be accompanied by their spouse, relative, or close friend or care-giver to help with accommodating the information that will be exchanged at the visit.
Initial Consultation with FoundationMED
Between Initial Consultation and Followup Consultation with Physician
- 1.5h to 2h of direct consultation with the FoundationMED physician and initial therapeutic plan
- Cognitive testing via the advanced CNS Vital Signs or MOCA testing
- Physical Exam and advanced InBody body composition testing
- Patient Orientation with health coach
Followup Consultation with FoundationMED
- 1h health coach visit to work on proper integration of Bredesen Protocol/Functional Medicine recommendations
- 1-2h: ReCode software required data input by FoundationMED physician and staff
- Physician evaluates extensive lab data
- Physician refines therapeutic approach and focus based on initial consultation and lab data
(usually 4-6 weeks after the initial consultation)
The Fee for all of the above listed services is $1395
- 1.5h direct consultation with FoundationMED physician and refined therapeutic plan
- 2 additional heath coach visits (45min each, separately scheduled) to further work on plan implementation
. It is important to note that the ReCode monthly software fee is NOT included
and is independent of FoundationMED entirely, and there will be additional fees for both laboratory testing and supplements
that may be required.Further consultations and health coach visits
will be determined individually with the patient and physician and health coach. The fees will be the normal FoundationMED fee structure. Followup CNS Vital Signs testing (assesses progress) will cost $100.
We do work hard to obtain lower/wholesale/special pricing on the various laboratory testing
and pass these savings to our patients. In addition, although we do not stock or sell supplements
out of our office, we do require our patients to obtain supplements precisely as listed and to make no substitutions or modifications to the source or to the actual supplement. Supplements vary wildly in quality and effectiveness, and so we work hard to assure only reliable, quality supplements are used by our patients. Supplements are all provided at significant discount for our patients
, from rock-solid reliable companies (mostly obtained directly from these companies). Our patients are given clear directions on where to obtain the discounted supplements and precisely which supplements to use.